Friday, June 6, 2008

10 Things...

...I did this past school year that surprised me.
  1. I drove myself across the country...twice.
  2. I learned that New Jersey is not all industrial and gross. There is a reason they call it the "Garden State."
  3. I discovered a strange enjoyment of Malaysian food.
  4. I enjoyed living in the snow. Really, it was the idea of four real seasons that made it.
  5. I developed an intense and unexpected love for New York City and began acquiring "my favorite places" there.
  6. I traveled...a lot. Daytona Beach, Florida; home for Thanksgiving and Christmas; Louisville, Kentucky twice in the first two months of 2008; NYC and the United Nations for four days; NYC and Boston with the girls for a week; Guatemala in April...and coming up later this month, San Jose, CA for the PC(USA) General Assembly. =)
  7. I decided that Princeton is not as crazy-liberal as my previously all-West-coast mindset had told me.
  8. I theologized systematically.
  9. I grew to really enjoy Princeton, NJ and the east coast feel.
  10. I turned down a job with money attached to it in favor of "The Great Unknown"...which will coincidentally be the topic of my next post.

No comments: