Monday, February 18, 2008

My Recipe for Getting Over a Cold

Current Princeton Temp: 44
Currently Studying: Greek

It seems that community living parcels out far more sickness than any of us would ever hope for and that it is never a convenient or fun time to be sick. So to help those of you who may be ailing, I give, for your consideration, my sickness remedy:
  • orange juice, preferably the kind with lots of pulp (which I use to hate and now love)
  • Jello-O...any flavor really, though my favorites are lime, peach, and strawberry
  • Day-Quil and Ny-Quil or some equivalent multi-sympton medication
  • a heater
  • a comfy bed with good pillows, warm blankets, and a TV close by
  • "Gilmore Girls" on DVD
  • Gatorade, just to replenish fluids
  • chicken noodle soup...tell yourself it's homemade, even if it's not
  • and my number one, feel-better-already, probably-only-psychological-remedy-but-I-don't-care-'cause-it-works, is SudaCare Shower Soothers in original mint. These things are amazing. They're this thick disc of fabulous-smelling strong mint and menthol that you put on the floor of the shower and let them dissolve while you just stand there. Ahhhhh.

So, I hope you can avoid the sickness that's making the rounds...but if you can't, just come back and visit Mama Megan for a little TLC.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I can't get behind your second suggestion of Jell-o, but everything else sounds just lovely.

Melissa said...

since you like coffee so much, i thought you might find this picture amusing: http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-coffee-frog-biscotti3.jpg
=)